BOM Chapter Headings
This script connects
to LDS.org to download all the chapter headings in the Book of Mormon. I did
this to help me try to memorize them - a goal that may never be fulfilled :).
Instructions: Just run the script by double clicking the .exe file (I've
attached the actual Perl script for advanced users) and wait for it to download.
A file will be created in the same location as the script called "headings.txt".
Instructions for Converting Text File to MarkMyScriptures Format
MakeMyScriptures from Skimware.com
& Run Install.
- Once you have installed it, open MakeMyScriptures (it will most likely
be located in C:\Program Files\MakeMyScriptures)
- On the first screen select the source. This would be the headings.txt
file that was creted from the script. Click [Next >>].
- Give the document a title and Click [Next >>].
- Enter a sequence number. '123' should work fine if you're not sure what
to put here. Click [Next >>].
- I've created the script so you can use all the default settings. If your
screen looks like this, click [Next >>].
- Again, use the defaults for the chapters and click [Next >>].
- You can also use the defaults for the verses... Click [Next >>].
- Click the button to generate the file.
- You should see something similar to this... Click [Next >>].
- Select your HotSync ID to download to and click [OK] to finish.
If you find any of the ads displayed above offensive, please contact me
with the URL of the ad in question.